Saturday, February 16, 2008

Walla... 1st post from Dad

Not sure how to do this stuff, you know its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Anyway, I'm bound determined to show you that I am not an old dog. Anyway, funny story for you all. I'll have to take a picture to show you all so you can really appreciate what I am going to tell you. Its not often that I do something really really stupid. Today however I out did myself. I was at the Elger bay store waiting for Dallan to get gas for his truck. I backed into a parking spot on the edge of the store where I waited for Dallan. I noticed a guy looking at the stone in Dallans truck and I thought that I should give him a business card when he drives by. So I quickly grabbed a business card and then at the right time I opened my door and ran over to this guys truck. I was just explaining that I do stone work when the guy tells me that my car is rolling away. I turned to see and my car must have been in Reverse. It rolled off the pavement down a steep slope and them to my horror it went over a cliff. I mean a 10 foot cliff and with little or no slope to it. I took off running only to my suprise to be passed by Dallan flying off the cliff trying to catch up to the truck. At the bottom of the drop off it was flat and sandy for about 30 ' before it went over another 20 to 30' drop off into someones house. Luckily Dallan with wings on his back was able to get to the truck open the door and slam on the brakes. I was stunned. Looking at what had just happened and seeing the cliff that the jeep went over I was shocked. It was amazing taht it never rolled . It went perfectly straight off which kept it from rolling and then at the bottom it was really sandy so it had just enought to keep it from fliping over on its top. The Jeep had sand in the rear tire located on the back door. I told mom that I am glad that I paid my tithing.
Anyway, I'll post some pictures for all to see. Yep I was embarrased. Especially doing something like this in front of all Dallans friends and this who knows who in the Truck with 4 or 5 people in it. Everyone was laughing. Well now you know you dad is not perfect and I can and will do some of the most stupid things. If you don't believe me just ask mom.

Love DAD

No comments: